Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happiness

Here is a snapshot I took the other day when I was in Laguna Beach. The sun was shining, unlike now with rain and a wind advisory, and the waves were crashing.  I was on my way to see an exhibit in the Pacific Edge Gallery with over 120 pieces of John Lennon's art. John was an amazing artist. I recommend anyone who has a chance to see any of his work, or buy it, do it. So as for the image, here I stood and watched these waves crash towards my feet. This is the scene I imagine with the lyrics of an Incubus song "I dig my toes into the sand, the ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket, I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless, and in this moment I am happy." I feel like I live for these moments. Hopefully one day I can live one of these moments with you.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Badabababa....I'm lovin it!

Anonymous said...

dan. that lyric from incubus and that picture is perfect together. i love incubus and i love that picture. you rock, dan. you friggin rock!

kevin caldwell said...

That wave broke just for you, and you kept it.